My name is Michael Koppmann and I am an IT Security Consultant at SBA Research. I received a master’s degree in “Software Engineering and Internet Computing” at the TU Wien. I am also an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and a Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP).
My main interests are secure software engineering, functional programming, cryptography, privacy enhancing technologies, cryptocurrencies, and everything open source. Besides technology, I am also interested in environmental protection, Japan, and human rights.
Talks and publications
Here is a list of public talks I gave and my publications:
- 2023-05-09: “Secure Software Development – A Short Introduction of the OWASP SAMM”. Talk at B2B Software Days. (Slides)
- 2022-12-11: “The Era of Green Software”. Talk at TEDxTUWien. (Slides, Video)
- 2022-10-05: “Type-Driven Domain Design: Use the Types, Luke!”. Talk at heise devSec(), in German. (Slides)
- 2022-09-15: “Object Capabilities and Their Benefits for Web Application Security”. Lightning talk at IKT-Sicherheitskonferenz, in German. (Slides)
- 2022-09-09: “Typed Security – Preventing Vulnerabilities By Design”. Talk at sec4dev Conference & Bootcamp. (Slides, Video)
- 2022-03-25: “Type-Driven Domain Design – Security in the Fabric of Your Code”. Talk for Domain-Driven Design Vienna group, in German. (Slides)
- 2022-01-26: “Type-Driven Domain Design – Security in the Fabric of Your Code”. Talk for Security Meetup by SBA Research group. (Slides, Video)
You can verify my identity with these services:
My PGP fingerprint:
E9B3 3326 8618 0E5E 498C 6C97 63CA B0C7 75EB 9C80
My Signal “safety numbers”:
88630 72114 80083 44420 49604 09486